This post may contain affiliate links which help support my craft supply hoard! You are not required to purchase through these links, but if you do, it is greatly appreciated! Please see my disclosure for more information.
My husband and I detail the interiors of tractor trailers when one driver leaves, so they will be clean for the next driver. We started doing this for the company he drives for several years ago, and we’ve seen some crazy things in them! Some of them have been funny, but there have also been some really gross finds, as well.
Now, I have to say that not ALL trucks are bad, but the majority of trucks we’ve cleaned have been filthy. FILTHY! I mean, c’mon guys. At least think of your health. Some of them I wouldn’t even touch without my rubber gloves on.
So, here we go! The list of things we’ve found, in no particular order.
- Dirt- a general layer of crud on the floors, seats, walls, dashboard, and ceiling.
- Cigarette tar- it runs down from the walls and ceiling when we spray cleaner on them.
- Coffee- no, not cups of coffee, but spills in the cup holders, on the dash, the floor, the seats, and yes, the ceiling.
- Lime dust- because this company hauls lime and lime slurry to various plants.
- BO- ok, we can’t actually SEE it, but we can smell it. Eww!!
- Candy/Food wrappers
- Earplugs- because some machinery is loud.
- Dirty magazines- because… well… They’re guys.
- Dog food- some drivers take their dogs with them.
- Pudding cups- Oh my gosh!!! This was one of the worst trucks! I actually found a large package of smushed and leaking pudding cups…. Get this. Under the MATTRESS!!! I’m so not kidding. Gross!!
- Dog fur
- Dog Poo- Yes, that was our most recent find. Petrified dog poo, again, under the mattress. How does that even HAPPEN??? Driver, you should be ashamed of yourself.
- Towels and sheets
- General trash
- Dog pee pad- in the same truck with the poo.
- Fleas- cause…. dogs.
- Mold- yes. Mold. How we haven’t gotten some disease is beyond me.
- Mushrooms- That’s right. Actual mushrooms growing in the corner behind the mattress. Yeah. Again. How does that happen?
- Glasses- I guess they couldn’t stand to look at it anymore.
- Various electronics- GPS’s, cords, etc.
- Bras and Panties- Again. They’re guys.
- Used condom wrappers- See above. At least that’s ALL we’ve found.
- Unused tampons
- Music CD’s
- Screws and Screwdrivers- I don’t know…
- Paper Clips
- Shoes and Boots
- Shampoo, Deodorant, etc
- Paper towels
- Cleaning products- Barely used, apparently.
- Bowl for smoking weed
- Cigarette butts
That’s all I could think of, but there is probably some things I missed. I’d have to say that the dog poo, mushrooms, and pudding cups top my list of Most Disgusting. What do you think? Have you ever found anything weird in a big truck?