I came across this poem called Homesick Hillbilly by Ellen Bailey, and I just had to share it, because I know how she feels. I had to leave my little one-horse hometown to find work. I’m still in WV, but I do wish I could go back to my little small town. I hope you enjoy this poem!
These baby goats are so darn cute! I just had to share this adorable video with you!
So, yesterday my german shepherd dog, Zeus, wanted to go outside. I thought he needed to go potty, but instead, he just went to the corner of the yard and sat down, then started sniffing the air. It seemed odd to me because he usually only does that when a neighbor is grilling out, but considering the temperature, I found that unlikely. The only thing I could think of was he was already smelling the snow that was supposed to (and did) come later that evening.
There is he is. On January 12th, sniffing the snow in the air. Handsome puppy, isn’t he? 😉
And guess what??!!!? He was RIGHT!!! This is January 13th! LOL We got between 5 to 6 inches of pure white snow. Although it doesn’t look so pure now. It looks like he’s saying, “See? I TOLD you, Mom!” 😉 Whenever it snows, he always comes inside with a snowy snout! He loves getting down in there and rooting around! He’s my big silly boy! Five years old, but still a puppy at heart!
Isn’t it funny how animals just KNOW things?? They seem to be psychic, don’t they? It just amazes me. Do you have pets that tell you things that are going to happen? I’d love to hear about it! Please leave your story in the comments!
Love & Light!
I just had to share this video with you! I laughed myself silly at this little girl!
And it got better the second time! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
My husband and I detail the interiors of tractor trailers when one driver leaves, so they will be clean for the next driver. We started doing this for the company he drives for several years ago, and we’ve seen some crazy things in them! Some of them have been funny, but there have also been some really gross finds, as well.
Now, I have to say that not ALL trucks are bad, but the majority of trucks we’ve cleaned have been filthy. FILTHY! I mean, c’mon guys. At least think of your health. Some of them I wouldn’t even touch without my rubber gloves on.
So, here we go! The list of things we’ve found, in no particular order.
- Dirt- a general layer of crud on the floors, seats, walls, dashboard, and ceiling.
- Cigarette tar- it runs down from the walls and ceiling when we spray cleaner on them.
- Coffee- no, not cups of coffee, but spills in the cup holders, on the dash, the floor, the seats, and yes, the ceiling.
- Lime dust- because this company hauls lime and lime slurry to various plants.
- BO- ok, we can’t actually SEE it, but we can smell it. Eww!!
- Candy/Food wrappers
- Earplugs- because some machinery is loud.
- Dirty magazines- because… well… They’re guys.
- Dog food- some drivers take their dogs with them.
- Pudding cups- Oh my gosh!!! This was one of the worst trucks! I actually found a large package of smushed and leaking pudding cups…. Get this. Under the MATTRESS!!! I’m so not kidding. Gross!!
- Dog fur
- Dog Poo- Yes, that was our most recent find. Petrified dog poo, again, under the mattress. How does that even HAPPEN??? Driver, you should be ashamed of yourself.
- Towels and sheets
- General trash
- Dog pee pad- in the same truck with the poo.
- Fleas- cause…. dogs.
- Mold- yes. Mold. How we haven’t gotten some disease is beyond me.
- Mushrooms- That’s right. Actual mushrooms growing in the corner behind the mattress. Yeah. Again. How does that happen?
- Glasses- I guess they couldn’t stand to look at it anymore.
- Various electronics- GPS’s, cords, etc.
- Bras and Panties- Again. They’re guys.
- Used condom wrappers- See above. At least that’s ALL we’ve found.
- Unused tampons
- Music CD’s
- Screws and Screwdrivers- I don’t know…
- Paper Clips
- Shoes and Boots
- Shampoo, Deodorant, etc
- Paper towels
- Cleaning products- Barely used, apparently.
- Bowl for smoking weed
- Cigarette butts
That’s all I could think of, but there is probably some things I missed. I’d have to say that the dog poo, mushrooms, and pudding cups top my list of Most Disgusting. What do you think? Have you ever found anything weird in a big truck?
This came through on my Facebook timeline, and I just had to share it with my world!
I love seeing foxes in videos and photos because they are so elusive. I think I’ve seen maybe two live ones in my entire life. And I live in WV! LOL So, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Something occurred to me. It just popped in my head, and I thought, “That would be a perfect way to tell people a little bit about me!” It will seem kinda silly, but that is exactly the point! I have loved the Muppets ever since they were originally on tv! I have a big collection of their DVDs. And I can quite often find some sort of Muppet reference to bring up, no matter what’s going on. They have such a wacky, lighthearted take on things, which just speaks to me!
So, to let you know a little about me, in a Muppet sort of way, I am sharing this video with you! This is a little song that is one of my very favorites! It’s called “Cheesecake”. Please enjoy!